Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Interactivity #3


As the years continue to pass us by, we begin to age and slowly lose touch with our senses. Comparatively, over the years technology only becomes more and more advanced. I can remember when the thought of using a computer to type up my assignments, or to look up information for papers seemed foreign to me. I can honestly say that I wasn’t sure if I would ever be using something like Google Docs, spreadsheets, or even blogs. With that being said, I was honestly a bit stressed about this particular activity. It required me to not only read about different technologies, but to prove that I could utilize them myself. I enjoyed that my group members were enthusiastic about the assignment and made efforts to get the spreadsheet started. Each member of the group took responsibility for their own work. I thought that by conducting an assignment where each member of the group had no choice but to pull their own weight was much less stressful than the stereotypical “group project”.

I never realized how many different technologies were available as learner aides within my content area. Not only did interactivity three force me to emerge myself in an unfamiliar technology, but it also opened my eyes to many new technologies that were found by my group members. I had heard of some of these different technologies that they mentioned before, but I seemed to forget about most of them over the years. Now I will have something tangible to remind me of the different methods I can use to teach my future students. This module will also be helpful in my READ 411 and CURR 314 courses. I will be able to use it as a reference to help make new and interesting lesson plans for these courses.

1 comment:

  1. Megan, do you feel that the process was authentic collaboration?

    ReplyDelete